Friday, May 29, 2020

May 29 – “Called it a Thursday”


Thursday.  Simple day.  No super-pressing matters to attend to. 

I started the day at my computer, as is my custom.  I try to get in as much work as I can before Chris gets up.  In Thursday’s case, that meant working on the teaching for Sunday again.  The bulk of it is complete.  Now I just have to go over it several times to get the content in my head.  And to clear up any typos for the copy of my notes I put on the church website.

I guess there was one pressing engagement scheduled for Thursday.  Chris had a physical therapy appointment.  However, she received a phone call a few hours before from the therapist.  Seems she was double-booked, and with the Corona scare she was not allowed to have two patients working at the same time.  I guess Chris was the late-comer.  Her appointment was moved to today. 

With that news in hand we had to jump into action.  Our plan for Friday was to take the Equinox into the shop for an oil change and inspection.  Our mechanic said to bring it on.  Meanwhile, we watched the latest round of thunderstorms roll in.  Quite an awesome sight to behold.  Then later, when we went to pick it up, an old Seasider was in the office chatting with Dennis.  I haven’t seen Mark in quite a while.  I think the last time was when we ran into him at a youth baseball game.  He seems to be doing great.  A little stir crazy, but then who isn’t? 

After we picked up the car, Chris drove it on home and I took a leisurely drive in the rain on into downtown to get the registration sticker.  I was wondering if I would have any problems.  They didn’t send out the usual paperwork this time.  As it happened, no paperwork was needed, other than the proof of inspection report.  She checked my ID and took my money and called it a Thursday.

Isaiah 41:13 says, “For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.”

Father, thank you for your promises to help.  It sure doesn’t take a pandemic to remind us we need it.  Amen.

No comments: