Wednesday, May 6, 2020

May 6 – “A voice from afar.”


I did a little Randall’s run to pick up some fruit yesterday.  Yes, Chris, I wore my mask into the store.  Most of the people in the store were complying as well.  I guess that’s because most of the people in there were old people like me.  Before I left I stopped at the floral department and got some roses for Chris.  Hey, I can’t stop the pain, but maybe some pretty roses will help the blues go away … at least for a little while.

I had a phone call from Mr. Bob at church.  He’s the guy who always says, “God loves you, and I do, too, and there’s nothing you can do about it.”  He said that since I so often have to hear the bad side of people’s woes, he wanted to just tell me a fun thing that happened to him.  He had been fishing and was cleaning his catch at a table on a canal.  Suddenly he heard a voice from afar.  Was it the voice of an angel, wafting down from on high?  Well, not exactly.  As he tuned in to what the voice was saying he managed to make it out … “God loves you, and I do, too, and there’s nothing you can do about it.”  Seems another Seasider had spotted him from down the canal and wanted to greet him … proper social distancing, of course. 

Is it considered crashing the party when you leave the house to go for a walk and the neighbors have family over and they are all relaxing in the front yard, at proper social distance, of course?  Actually, Corey was doing an online violin lesson with a student, so the rest of the family was relegated to the front yard with the dogs to give him a quiet work environment.  We chatted for a few minutes, then continued our walk.  We are only going around the block now.  Much more than that and Chris is down for the count with her leg pain.  We did find out that other neighbors were chilling in their front yards as well.  And they all pretty much have at least a smile and a wave for the neighborhood walkers like us.  I like it.

Matthew 19:26 says, “Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.’”

Father, would you work some impossible and guide some of the researchers to discover a cure or a vaccine?  Amen.

No comments: