Friday, May 22, 2020

May 22 – “A million and a half plus”


I received my official notification text from the United Kingdom the other day.  Same one Cailyn received when she was here and Chris received while she was in the MRI machine.  Seems we were all selected by the winner of the UK lottery to receive $550,000 USD.  All we had to do was send them a little personal information.  Name, address, phone number, bank account number, shoe size.  You know … the usual.  Imagine … $550,000 times three.  That’s a million and a half plus dollars to one family.  Fortunately when Cailyn told me about hers, she had already deleted the text and blocked the number.  Smart girl.  I haven’t done that yet.  Don’t know how …

I finally got my post-Corona haircut the other day.  My head feels … lighter.  Not in color, though.  In weight.  When she asked if it was short enough, I told Suzann to err on the side of shorter.  It is much cooler up there now, too.  Oh and Chris got hers cut yesterday.  I had to walk her to the door, though.  She was still unsteady from the MRI drug.  In fact, she took another nap after lunch (The Mexican food dinner she slept through the day before).  Not another marathon one, though.  This one only lasted three or four hours.  Long enough for me to watch a Christmas movie … Die Hard.

Speaking of Chris, Nathan came over yesterday to check her blood pressure.  She was concerned that it was high when she went for the MRI.  Of course it was high.  Not only was she in pain, but she was facing what for her was the scariest possible medical procedure – being encased in a coffin-like structure.  I tried to assist her with the blood pressure cuff we have.  She listened and I read the little meter.  It did come up pretty high, so I asked Nathan to come check my work.  He brought a gift.  A new-fangled blood pressure cuff with an automatic digital read-out.  It wasn’t as high that time, but was still elevated.  He chewed her out for being a typical nurse / terrible patient.  He even threatened to send April over next time.  Can you imagine?  Nurse on nurse.  No sympathy there.  Now we’re supposed to take her pressure every morning and evening and if it stays high or gets worse, call the doctor.  Oops.  We missed last night.  Don’t tell April …

Joshua 1:9 says, “Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Father, would you please be with Phil and Valorie as they walk through her new issues with cancer.  Give them your peace that passes understanding.  Amen.

No comments: