Tuesday, May 26, 2020

May 26 – “No work today”


Chris was feeling up to a walk yesterday, so we hit the road.  Just did a mile, though.  She was starting to hurt again. 

When we got back home I returned to doing my usual Monday work schedule, but I was immediately rebuked.  Chris said it was a holiday, and I was to take the day off.  No work today.  Speaking of holiday, we did get our flag up.  Know how I know for sure?  We have one of those Arlo motion-activated camera things on our front porch.  And it was a windy day.  I received no less than 253 alerts that there was movement on the front porch.  At least we know the thing works. 

So … no work today.  It was a trick.  I didn’t do any more work for the church, but boy did we ever do work around the house.  We cleaned off the back porch.  Didn’t through too much away, though.  Chris did wash the outdoor toys that the kids play with when they come over.  And everything looks a little … straighter?  Neater? 

I also tried to do something about stabilizing the stool I use at church.  It is getting wobblier and wobblier.  I like that word, if it is one.  Wobblier.  I took the seat off and tried to adjust the screw bolts holding it to the legs.  I got it a little tighter, but I needed a longer bolt.  Guess I’ll put that on my Corona checklist.  Meanwhile, I’ll just have to try to be still-er.  Is that a word?

Oh, and the most difficult part of the day?  That came when we decided to switch out the mattress on our bed with the one in the blue bedroom.  Just wanted to see if it makes a difference in Chris’ ability to sleep at night.  The one we now have is newer than the other one.  This one we bought just after Hurricane Ike back in 2009.  No idea how old the other one is.  I think it was given to us around the same time.  I slept pretty soundly.  Not sure yet about Chris.  She’s still in testing mode. 

Psalms 119:2 says, “Blessed are those who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart.”

Father, thank you for the “day off” yesterday.  Thank you for the sacrifice so many made to make such a day off possible.  Amen.

No comments: