Sunday, May 10, 2020

May 10 – “Happy Mother’s Day out there”


I’m racing with my Norton Anti-Virus subscription update to get this done before it automatically restarts the computer.  Historically things like that tend to happen slowly on my computer, so I’m hoping for enough time. 

It helps that yesterday was an actual slow day around here.  Oh, I did my usual Saturday study of the teaching for church today.  Speaking of which, the plan is to have three baptisms.  Not real worried about the Corona being there.  Not much can exist in the Gulf of Mexico outside of what is born there. 

I made a quick early morning trip to Randall’s.  We were almost out of stamps.  Lots of birthdays coming up in May, too.  And while I was there I grabbed a few more cartons of Blue Bell ice cream.  It’s on sale for $4.99 a carton.  Gotta stock up that freezer we have been emptying out.  Chris is using up everything she can find in there.  And what better thing to restock with than Blue Bell?  Of course some nice speckled trout fillets would be nice if I ever got a chance to go fishing.  Sigh …

We finally managed a trip over to Mario’s Pizza to pick up one of their specials.  That’s like an everything pizza with not quite everything.  Good stuff.  Now we have some leftover pizza in the freezer.

We have started a new series on Netflix.  It’s called “Anne with an ‘E’.”  Apparently it’s loosely based on the book Anne of Green Gables.  I wouldn’t know for sure.  Never read it.  Chris has read it, but that was many, many years ago.  It’s a pretty random Orphan Annie kind of story about the life of a young girl who gets adopted by an older brother and sister.  The setting is sometime in the 1800’s, I think.  The draw for me, though, is the way the little girl uses big words correctly and mystifies her new friends with her imagination.  My kind of kid. 

Proverbs 31:31 says, “Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.”

Father, thank you for the amazing Mom you blessed me with.  And thank you for the one you blessed our kids with.  And thank you for the really great Moms our grandkids have.  Pretty awesome collections of ladies there.  Bless them.  Amen.

No comments: