Wednesday, May 20, 2020

May 20 – “Almost Moments”


We had one of those “Almost Moments” yesterday.  We heard through the grapevine that UTMB was perhaps relaxing its Corona restrictions on visitors a little bit starting today.  If that was true, there was a chance that I might be able to accompany Chris for her MRI after all.  A familiar hand to hold is all I had to offer, but to a claustrophobic, I guess that does make a difference.  And then came the confirmation phone call.  Nope.  No visitors allowed.  At all.  In spite of the fact that she will be sedated for the procedure and will require a driver to get her home, said driver (AKA me) must either wait in the car in the parking garage or just drop her off and return when they call me on the phone.  Oh, and I know it’s on Chris’ mind, too.  How?  Last night she rolled over and recited my cell phone number.  “Just checking,” she mumbled, before rolling back over and going to sleep.  Ah, well.  Here’s praying she does well.

On a more immediate front, my haircut appointment is this morning.  First one since Corona hit town.  I’m anxious to see what my hair stylist thinks about my new, windblown look.  It’ll be good to get the hair off of my ears again.  The only thing … I’m supposed to show up in a mask.  Not sure how she can cut hair with that on me.  And I’m really curious what will happen when it comes time to trim my beard.  Santa may be making an early appearance this year.

Jigsaw puzzle update (Hey, there’s no other sports news).  Nope, we haven’t finished the next one yet.  We did get the hazy, off-white sky finished, though.  That’s all of one color down.  Now we just have the entire bottom of the puzzle, which is slightly varying shades of black and gray.  I think I want our next one to be easy.  Like maybe 25 pieces?  Or maybe one of those five piece preschooler puzzles.  That might cleanse our palette a bit.

Revelation 3:20 says, “Here I am!  I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.”

Father, today’s MRI day.  Please keep Chris calm and help the techs get the test done quickly.  Amen.

No comments: