Friday, November 9, 2018

November 9 – “Being Plan B”


I didn’t even consider going for a walk yesterday.  That rough night decided it for me.  Chris did her miles, though.  I’m really proud of her tenacity.

We anticipated hearing back about the “simple sensor malfunction” in the car that was causing the check engine soon light to come on.  We hadn’t heard by lunchtime, so I got antsy and called them.  The sensor did indeed short out and had to be replaced.  Come to find out the simple sensor malfunction was a six hour job.  They had to remove the gas tank to get to it.  Surprisingly, I received a call right at 3 p.m.  It was the lady from the dealership.  Her first words were, “Mr. Vaughan, did you lose faith in me?”  Not what I expected to hear.  I asked her to repeat that.  Convinced that was what she really said, I replied, “I do my best to never lose faith.”  She chuckled and said, “Well, that’s good, because I have your car ready for you.”  Even offered to come get me to pick it up. 

I had a connection through FaceBook Messenger.  A pastor in Houston wanted to know if his family could use Seaside as a Plan B for his son’s beach wedding scheduled for Sunday evening.  The weather is supposed to turn off pretty nasty.  Worked out to be no problem on our end.  Why did they call us?  Their friends who live in Isla del Sol told them about the “Little Church Down the Street.”  Great to get community referrals.  Glad they knew we were around.

Psalms 112:5-6 says, “Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely, who conducts his affairs with justice.  Surely he will never be shaken; a righteous man will be remembered forever.”

Father, thank you for the touch we made into that neighbor family’s life – whatever it was - that caused them to remember us and recommend Seaside.  Amen.


No comments: