Friday, November 2, 2018

November 2 – “Relatively mild”


We had a relatively mild day yesterday.  Nice for a change.  Started out with a two mile walk (Chris went further, of course).  Yes, my knee hurt, but it felt like I was actually doing something, too, so it was good.  We didn’t see a single discarded New Testament.  That keeps the streak going.  So far it has never happened.  I can live with never.  One of our biker friends said that it was because God’s Word never returns void. 

Last night I went over to station five for the fire prevention award night and station open house.  Except the only ones there were the crew on duty, and they didn’t know anything about the event.  I sent a text to see what was going on, and went ahead and chatted with the guys there for a while.  Even got to meet one of the brand new hires.  Finally I got a text back from my query.  Seems the even was rescheduled for next Thursday.  Just forgot to tell me.  Oops. 

So I went back home and got ready for home group.  But only Betty and Corey came, so we just talked for a while.  Betty had a few cups of coffee and some of the leftover Halloween treats.  It was a good time of sharing a bit more about each other’s lives. 

Oh, and while we talked we got a text from Kel that Jachin got into his baseball game again.  This time as pitcher.  Did well, too.  Four strikeouts and one walk and no runs allowed.  Nice. 

And now this morning I have to head over to the Chevy dealer.  Our new car popped up with one of those check engine soon lights that doesn’t reveal what the problem is until you get the mechanic-only machine hooked up to it.  Hope they can deal with it quickly. 

Psalms 111:1 says, “Praise the Lord.  I will extol the Lord with all my heart in the council of the upright and in the assembly.”

Father, thanks for relatively mild days.  They do help.  Amen.

No comments: