Tuesday, November 6, 2018

November 6 – “the little red reset button”


We awoke yesterday to no internet.  Certainly not a crisis, other than posting my blog.  We ignored it for a while and then went for our walk (Just two miles for me.  Chris went at least five).  When I got back the internet was still out, and all I could get was one of those messages to call customer service.  Sounded serious, so I did.  Not my favorite thing in the world.  You have to wade through all the computer weirdness to get to a human being.  And once there he ran the diagnostics.  All was well.  Still no internet, so the final step was to push the little red reset button on the back of the modem.  Worked like a charm.  Best part of the whole call?  The guy “gave me permission” to press that little red reset button anytime this might happen again in the future.  Well, thank you for your blessing.  Kind of reminded me of what it means to be forgiven of our sins.  Forgiveness … God’s Little Red Reset Button. 

I got a jury summons this week.  Kind of a problem, though.  It’s for two weeks after my surgery.  I will not officially be cleared by the doc yet.  In fact the post-surgical visit is not until the Tuesday of that week.  The whole thing kind of stressed me out a little bit.  Then I got an email with a phone number to call with questions.  And before I called I happened to find a website that explained how a doctor can fax a request for a medical postponement.  Of course if it gets postponed, then there is always the chance I’ll get called when we are scheduled to be in Alaska.  And if I’m doing well, I would just as soon get it out of the way if the doc – and my private duty home health nurse – approve.  Tough decision.  We decided to wait until that boot camp thing next Tuesday and ask them. 

Psalms 111:4 says, “He has caused his wonders to be remembered; the Lord is gracious and compassionate.”

Father, thank you for things like that little red reset button … and for your reset button – your forgiveness – as well.  Amen.

No comments: