Sunday, April 15, 2018

April 15 – “Looking for a short cut …”


I met with a couple yesterday who will be married on the beach in Jamaica Beach in June.  I’ll be the officiant.  Just my kind of wedding, too.  Groom and his groomsmen will be wearing polo shirts and khaki shorts and sandals.  Bride and her entourages are wearing a sundresses.  Guess I’ll break out my Tevas and a Hawaiian shirt for that one.  Not sure about the shorts, though.  Chris usually makes me wear long pants to church business.  We’ll see. 

I also got to do a chaplain-check on some fire fighters.  They had a pretty tough medical call where one of them rode in the ambulance with the patient, one drove the ambulance with the mother, and one drove the dad in the dad’s car.  The other one drove the engine to the hospital to pick them up.  It’s not easy when everyone has such close contact.  I was proud of our guys, as usual, though.  They handled it like the pros they are, then were more than willing to talk about it afterwards. 

That pretty much filled up the day.  I got to listen to some of the Astros game in the car, and I did see the last part of it when I got back home.  Lost it because of some big clutch homers by the Rangers.  They have two rookies who are filling in for injuries admirably.  I especially like their youngster from Hawaii with the really long name.  Hope he has a good career.  Just not against the Astros.

Josh and Christi called and asked is we could come up to Waco and help them with shuttling their kids to several functions at the same time as a banquet at the church.  How could we say no to such a request?  We are more than willing to make the sacrifice.  We’ll take off after dinner on the grounds at church today.  I’m thinking we might look for a short cut …

Psalms 48:9-10 says, “Within your temple, O God, we meditate on your unfailing love.   Like your name, O God, your praise reaches to the ends of the earth; your right hand is filled with righteousness.”

Father, please join us at church today.  And join us in the car this afternoon.  You are the best to have on short cuts.  Amen.

No comments: