Thursday, January 25, 2018

January 25 – “Me and Muci”

I have one more “extra” Waco story that I can use today to give you something to smile at besides my tales of woe and weariness.  Speaking of which, I am doing better.  Mucinex (or however you spell it) has granted me two nights of relatively uninterrupted slumber.  I guess Chris is even happier about that than I am.  It has been strange sleeping all the way to seven, though.  I kind of miss good ol’ 6 a.m.  Anyway, the cough is still tough, but me and Muci will just deal with it during the day.  I think today is the day we try to eat something other than chicken and dumplings.  See how the stomach portion of this mess is really doing. 

So back to the final tale of Waco.  On the way home from the birthday party Zak and Caleb went to, it was just us guys, the two of them and their Dad and me.  We had a talk about who catches the biggest fish and where.  As tends to happen in a fresh water lake fishing kind of atmosphere (not to mention the fact that the boys are fans of the Netflix show Chasing Monsters), the conversation soon turned to the inevitable gigantic catfish. 

Caleb: “Dad, you can go to Thailand (pronounced with a soft “th” as in “thin”) to catch the biggest catfish in the world.”

Josh: “I don’t want to go to Thailand (careful to pronounce it correctly, thus teaching without actually calling attention to the mistake) to catch fish.  I have been invited to go to Thailand, though, to see a refugee camp.”

Zak: “That sounds miserable.”

Me: “Going to a refugee camp or catching a catfish?”  (I don’t think I said that out loud, but I confess to the thought).

Psalms 27:14 says, “Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.”


Father, would you watch over the fishermen and refugees in Thailand and around the world?  Amen.

No comments: