Friday, January 12, 2018

January 12 – “Windfall”

Chris disappeared on me yesterday.  Well, not disappeared actually.  I knew where she was.  She safari-ed into Texas to take care of some of the LaMarque kids while their Mom took others of them to the doctor.  Everything is OK medically.  Unless, of course you take the perspective of Ezra who received four shots.  He wasn’t all that happy with the world around him.  Jachin did take a comfortable position on the table for the shot he got.  He has his father’s tendency to pass out whenever needles are involved, so he has learned to be proactive. 

I stayed at home and kept working on the sermon for Sunday.  Made some pretty good strides, too.  And in between I even managed to make a quick trip to the bank to make a deposit.  Speaking of deposits, the mail lady delivered our latest bank statement.  And it didn’t reconcile with what I had in my records.  Not usually a good thing, right.  I waded right in to find the discrepancy.  It took a while, but guess what?  Back in December for some insane reason I flat out forgot to record … a deposit.  That’s right, a deposit.  No idea why.  I just spaced it completely.  I gotta tell you, it’s not often there is an error more than a few pennies here and there (usually because of my bad math skills or because I transposed some digits).  But this one.  I felt like I was in a Monopoly game and just drew the “Bank error in your favor” Community Chest card.  Only it wasn’t the bank’s error.  It was mine.  Three hundred dollars.  Totally unaccounted for - for an entire month.  How’s that for a New Year’s windfall? 

Psalms 23:5-6 says, “You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”

Father, financial windfalls are great.  But thank you for the spiritual windfalls you have in store for us all the time.  Amen. 


No comments: