Saturday, January 20, 2018

January 20 – “Future plans”

We embarked on another adventure yesterday.  Began by buying brunch at Bucees -Breakfast Beast Burritos.  Whew.  That was a mouthful in more ways than one.  We arrived in Waco early afternoon.  Josh was at a lunch meeting.  The boys were at co-op and day care.  AnnaGrace was asleep.  Very strange scenario.  As it turned out we got to sit around and just talk with Christi.  That doesn’t happen very often.  And then she left to pick up Luke.  Didn’t take long for AnnaGrace to wake up and let us know she was ready to rouse.  And of course she came right to me when we entered the room.  That’s my little Sugarmuffin. 

Later that night we took the older guys to a birthday party.  The rest of us went out to eat some Mexican food and then we watched a funny movie with Luke.  Baby’s Day Out.  By this time, however, the old allergies were kicking in in a big way.  I was sneezing and coughing and blowing my nose to beat the band.  Relapse.  Aargh.

At one point Luke wanted an orange.
Luke: I’m so hungry.  I never get full.
Josh: Why is that? 
Luke (without missing a beat): God made me that way.

When Josh and I went to pick up the older guys they had a discussion about future vocational opportunities. 
Caleb: Dad, don’t retire anytime soon.  I’m getting a double major in aviation and zoology.
Zak: I don’t need to go to college.
Josh: Why not?
Zak: You don’t need college to open up a bait shop.
Josh: But you’d need a business degree.
Me: Where will you get the money?
Zak: I’ll open it in Galveston and y’all can help me.
Guess I’d better start saving up.

Psalms 27:5 says, “For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.”


Father, thank you for a safe trip up here.  Give Caleb a great birthday.  Amen.

No comments: