Tuesday, January 2, 2018

January 2 – “Searching for something different”

I forgot to mention yesterday that we had some unusual visitors at church.  Yep, unusual even for Seaside.  The lady was originally from The Netherlands.  The gentleman was originally from Belgium.  They got married and now live in the Dominican Republic.  I asked how in the world they came to be in Galveston.  Their reply?  “We wanted to see something different.”  Wonder how they felt about their church experience at Seaside as “different”?

I officially started off my work week.  I know it was supposed to be a holiday.  Chris told me that a few times.  But I had a lot to do to start off a new year.  I had to clean out last year’s bill folders so I’ll have more room for this year’s.  I did not, however, take the time to compile them into order for my tax preparer.  That will come later.  I also had to go through the various computer files I use every day and create new folders for 2018.  Gotta take good care of those precious computer entries.  And I also snuck in a little of the regular weekly work stuff.  That’s what Chris caught me doing.  Of course she was doing some work as well.  I think she is completely ready for everything Christmas to go back in the attic.  We’ll have to wait for some offspring assistance on that front, though.  We’re both still a little jumpy about my neck issues.  I’ll text Nathan in a little while after he’s had a chance to recover from his fire department shift.  Can’t say I’m all that excited to get that particular chore done, but it will be nice to have the kitchen floor cleared of boxes again.

We did finally manage some down time.  We watched an episode or two of the Twilight Zone Marathon.  We also watched some college football.  Neither of us really cared who won, but I for one still enjoy their passion, their youthful exuberance.  Way better than anything the NFL can put out.  The Oklahoma/Georgia game in particular was exciting.  Overtime.  A blocked field goal.  And the young Georgia quarterback gave all the credit to God.  Not your average Sunday afternoon fare.  I may even try to watch the national championship game next week. 

Ephesians 4:4-6 says, “There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.”


Father, bless that couple in their search for something different.  Thank you that they were able to find something the same as well.  Same Jesus.  Europe, Caribbean, a little island off the coast of Texas.  Amen.

No comments: