Saturday, February 6, 2016

February 6 – “A duck?”

I met with the fire extinguisher guy yesterday.  All eight of them are hung up and inspected and duly approved.  Now we need to schedule them to come back and do a full inspection of the sprinkler system.  The brand new air conditioning unit was being installed while I was there.  It’s the one to cool the main room in the worship center.  Now that’s one I can’t wait to try out.  Well, when it gets hot.  It was back in the low 50’s again this morning.  I’m pretty sure it’s time for the cold to cease and desist so we can get back to living on our tropical island paradise again.  Oh, and our new projector was installed as well.  Guess Wes and Jim got it all taken care of.  That will get tried out Sunday morning for sure.  I have two video clips I want to play in conjunction with the teaching. 

Back home and Kel’s kids were over for a few hours.  They didn’t even know I was there for a long time.  Chris was putting Noa down for a nap.  The boys were playing Super Mario Brothers.  Josiah did glance up at one point and grin, but the other two didn’t even acknowledge me until the game ended.  I guess I should applaud their sense of focus? 

When Noa woke up she had an announcement for me that I am still pondering.  She looked at me with those sweet eyes, removed her pacifier so the comment would be unmistakably clear, and declared, “DadDad, you smell like a duck.”  And there it is.  My secret is out, I suppose.  I smell like a duck.  Now I had to follow up on that one, so I asked her, “What do you mean that I smell like a duck?  What does a duck smell like”  She sat pensively for a long  moment, obviously collecting her thoughts and not wanting to say something misleading in any way.  Finally she replied, “Well, you smell like rotten eggs, too.”  Wow.  How endearing can one day get?  A duck and some rotten eggs.  One would think she had an older brother or two … or three …

1 John 3:5 says, “But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin.”


Father, Thank you for our grandkids.  Love those creative comments that fall out of nowhere.  Amen.

No comments: