Saturday, February 13, 2016

February 13 – “You Can’t Lose”

We are in Waco for the day.  Made it here with not too much difficulty.  There was a lot of traffic going through Houston (Imagine that.  What a surprise, right?).   I think it picked up again further down the road, but to be honest I was either too engrossed in the movie I was watching on the computer or, perhaps dozing a bit off and on. 

THE REVIEW:
I’m sure the dozing couldn’t possibly have been for very long.  The movie I was watching was, after all, so very exciting.  Into the Woods.  Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Prince Charming, Jack and the Beanstalk.  All woven into one massive tale.  I had seen it before but I obviously forgot one minor detail.  They sing.   A lot.  It’s one of those made for the movies operas that they sneak through without telling anybody.  I really liked the concept, and it was well done as far as the movie aspects were concerned.  And I suppose the people could sing.  Way better than I can, anyway.  Lots of struggle and angst and dealing with death and relationships.  Even had some lopping off of appendages.  Well, one toe and one heel in an effort to make the slipper fit.  Oh, and the slipper was made out of gold instead of glass.  If you can stand the musical interludes, I would say the movie is worth watching.  If the singing doesn’t strike you, it can also be quite the inspiration for a few winks in the car on a four hour drive.  Either way, you can’t lose.

1 John 4:10 says, “This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.”


Father, thank you for those forty winks yesterday.  I’m sure I must have needed them.  Amen.

No comments: