Wednesday, February 10, 2016

February 10 – “Got it done”

I get to find out a little more about my heel problem today.  At least I hope I do.  Yesterday when Chris and I were up at the church cleaning, I stepped and turned on that foot and it felt like a knife was stabbing me.  Not a nerve pain, mind you, which I have described in much the same way.  This was a full on knife stab in the heel.  Knocked me almost to my knees.  Needless to say I limped through the rest of our cleaning experience.  I did get the marquee changed to announce the Ash Wednesday service tonight, though.  That was my ultimate goal for the day.  So this afternoon we head up to see my rheumatologist, who by the way is no longer covered by my insurance.  Not sure how much that will cost.  I did follow proper procedure, though.  My new PCP told me to go see him.  I also need to ask him about my xeljanz prescription.  The specialty pharmacy that was supposed to call me back within 48 hours last week sometime still hasn’t.  so I have been off of that med since Sunday.  I can tell a difference in the swelling already.  We’ll see what he says.

On a happier note, Cailyn spent the night with us last night.  We had the fun job of getting her to do some homework.  The school sends home a week’s worth of homework on Mondays, and the kids turn it in on Friday.  It sounds daunting, but Cailyn handles it without batting an eye.  In fact last night we completed all of her math and most of her spelling.  She just has to write out her words and she’ll be done with that.  And on top of that, she read for a good 20 or 30 minutes.  Now all that remains is reading 20 minutes every evening.  Wish I had been that motivated back in the day. 

Well, actually her homework was kind of fun.  One assignment was to have an adult scramble up the spelling words, and she has to unscramble them.  She was excited to do that one.  Apparently it was already a favorite.  Another was to trace out each word on an adult’s back and see if he can figure out what it is.  That became a competition between Nani and DadDad.  In a brilliant finish, Nani came back to tie the game in the final seconds.  Finally, she had to write her words in alphabetical order.  Not as fun as the others, but we were already on a roll, so we still did a lot of laughing.  Got it done, too.

1 John 4:4 says, “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.”


Father, help Cailyn and all our little guys maintain a love of learning in creative ways.  Amen.

No comments: