Friday, February 5, 2016

February 5 – “Emnimnies”

I had one of those pastoral proud moments last night … sort of.  One of our little guys at home group, Korty, made a pronouncement to me regarding his hoped-for future.  I’m not sure what precipitated it.  I was clear over on the other side of the room when he called out to me.  In fact I had to come closer and ask him to say it again to make sure I heard him correctly.  Here it is …
“When I grow up I’m gonna be a church guy and tell people about Jesus like you do.  And then I’m gonna join the army and kill some men who are our emnimnies.”
Well, OK.  That would make quite the superhero/secret identity combination, I suppose.  Not sure which role would be which, though.

I also managed to print out my sermon notes from a teaching series I did on the Book of Esther back in 2011-2012.  A lady at church is doing a Bible study on the subject with some friends at work.  When someone mentioned in passing that I had done a teaching on it, she asked if I still had the notes first, and if so, could she have a copy of them.  She was wanting more background than the class was providing.  So far I’m at almost a hundred pages.  Guess that qualifies it as another book.  Maybe I can dress it up a little more.  I already appropriated a picture of a princess that Cailyn drew to use on the cover.  Hmm.  Maybe I could use some of the pictures the boys have drawn.  Most of them were of monsters, though.  But, hey, Haman was a pretty bad guy, right?

1 John 3:2 says, “Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.”


Father, than you for Korty and his aspirations for the future.  Whatever he ends up doing with his life, help him to stay close to you so he can be … well, happy.  Amen.

No comments: