Monday, February 22, 2016

February 22 – “Dolphins and … Done”

Well, that was a strange dream.  Not bad, mind you.  Just strange.  I walked outside my house and it was completely surrounded by water.  No idea what had happened, but I didn’t seem at all surprised by it.  As I looked across what used to be the vacant lot next door (Forty Steps), I noticed a group of dolphins playing.  I stood fascinated as they swam closer and closer until they were right next to me.  I squatted down and started slapping the water to get their attention, and they swam right up to me.  It was a very calming feeling.  Then, suddenly Cailyn was there with me.  Chris, too.  We were laughing and playing in the water, so the dolphins all swam away.  As we turned to go back onto dry land, I noticed my telephone had fallen from my pocket and was floating on top of the water.  Do iPhones float?  I grabbed it and continued on into the house, wondering if a rice bath would do it some good.  There you go.  That’s it.  Any thoughts on the deeper meaning behind a dream like that one?

Speaking of dreams, I guess we officially began one last night.  Chris and Josh have been watching airline fares to find the cheapest rates from Houston to Orlando and back again.  Last night Chris noticed that the “back again” rates had dropped well below $100.  Low enough for frugal Josh to pull the trigger?  It was worth a text.  And as soon as he got home from his after-church supper, he began.  Of course that meant he began around 10:30, about 45 minutes or so after we went to bed.  I think there must be a different time zone between us and Waco.  I was still awake working a crossword puzzle.  Chris jumped like she had been shot, though.  I calmed her down and let her know that Josh was home and working on plane tickets.  She did her best to stay awake.  Even tried to find the Southwest Airlines website on her phone.  That never did happen.  She finally gave up and left the details to me and Josh.  There were a few intermediary texts – what is your birthday?  What is Mom’s name as written on her driver’s license?  And finally, right at 11:30 p.m. the last text came through … “Done!  Let’s go to Disney World!”  I guess we can let it be real now.   

1 John 5:13 says, “I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.”


Father, we are excited about our time away coming in May.  Help us get all the details worked out so things will continue smoothly around here.  Amen.

No comments: