Sunday, October 9, 2011

October 9 – “Movie star”

 
 
Since we weren't in San Antonio yesterday, we went to Jachin's flag football game.  They are much better that they were at the beginning of the season.  They scored several times and were running reverses and misdirection plays.  Jachin scored on an extra point and he made several sacks on defense.  I don't think they won, but they don't pay that much attention to the score anyway.
 
Kel called the other day to ask how come I haven't let them in on my secret life.  He didn't know that I was a movie star.  Of course I had no idea what he was talking about, but I played along for a while to see where he was going with this one.  It seems that Josiah pulled one of their DVD's off the shelf, took one look at the cover, and proudly announced, "That's DadDad."  Kel took it from him and put it away for a time.  Later on he brought it back out and showed it to Josiah again.  And again he proudly announced, "That's DadDad."  I finally asked what stage name I was using at the time the movie was made.  And the answer?  Sean Connery – with his white beard.  Of course.
 
We received one of those face time phone call things with Zak and Caleb.  When I answered, Zak was standing there in a Star Wars costume.  Kind of threw me for a second.  Even on that face time stuff I expected to see a face rather than a full body.  I asked right away, "Is that you, Luke Skywalker?"  Missed it.  He informed me that he was Obi Wan Kenobi.  Of course.  The call was lots of fun.  The boys could clown around and run in circles and we could see it all.  Certainly not as good as being there in person, but it was good.
 
Mom seems some better.  She slept until noon.  That was good, I guess.  But she took her evening meds at the same time as her morning ones.  They are supposed to be kept apart because apparently some of them cancel out the others.  So that's not good.  Chris will probably just give her one set at a time from now on.  She was beginning to act sluggish at the table until I told her the Texas - Oklahoma football game was on TV.  She used to watch that all the time.  Her eyes lit up and she immediately moved over to the couch.  And she didn't seem to sleep near as much while the game was on.  She even watched the A&M – Texas Tech game without falling asleep.
 
Proverbs 28:11 says, "A rich man may be wise in his own eyes, but a poor man who has discernment sees through him."
 
Father, use this new pastor's class at church to speak to some people today.  Amen.

No comments: