Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October 4 – “Song in my head”

 
 
Song in my head.  Song in my head.  I woke up this morning singing to myself.  Not a bad thing, I know.  But this time the song was the theme from the old TV show, The Addams Family.  Gonna be an interesting day.
 
We went into Texas yesterday.  I had an appointment to give my hearing aids their six months checkup.  All appeared to be well.  We found out that it's cheaper to drop the warranty and just pay for any repair that might come up.  The warranty is $300.  The repair is $200 plus they give a one year warranty after that.  I should be OK unless I lose one of them.  We actually spent a lot longer there than we expected.  We were the only customers, but the lady who does the checkup needed to talk about her Mom who lives with her and has Alzheimer's.  We have become friends over the years we have been going there, and she always asks about Mom.  Guess it was just her turn to need some counseling.  Or at least some encouragement. 
 
We went to lunch one the way home.  We decided to try the Mexican food place called Chuy's.  Honestly, we weren't too impressed.  Kel goes there all the time and likes this creamy sauce they have to dip your chips in.  We asked for some, but it was too spicy for my tender tummy, and Chris hates sour cream, and it tasted like it had sour cream in it.  The waiter assured her that it didn't have sour cream, only ranch dressing, but Chris wasn't convinced.  Now the actual food was OK.  I enjoyed my enchilada, and the tostada could have been a full meal by itself. Chris' enchilada came with that creamy sauce on it, so she took it home and gave it to Mom.  She liked it. 
 
I found out that the wedding I thought I had this weekend I no longer have.  They were supposed to call me back with the details.  That's my usual policy, but never did.  That has happened before, so I found their phone number and texted them.  They responded that since I never called them back, they got someone else.  Oh, well.  Misunderstanding.  No problem.  Now maybe we can go to San Antonio this weekend and watch Zak play some baseball.
 
Proverbs 27:17 says, "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."
 
Father, thanks for giving me some extra time this week.  I could use it to prepare for the three big teachings I have.  Amen.

No comments: