Thursday, October 13, 2011

October 13 – “Quirky”

 
 
Mom apparently had a good day at Libbie's place yesterday.  That's what they told us when we picked her up.  It was sure good to hear.  They said she really participated in everything and seemed to be back to her delightful self.  That was always a good thing to hear about our children when they were growing up.  Sounds even better now.
 
We've been trying out a lot of the new TV shows.  We tape them or tevo them or whatever they call it with our cable company.  Then we watch one with lunch each day.  So far we have seen the new Charlie's Angels.  Now I used to watch the old one.  I was in love with Kate Jackson.  Farrah Fawcett never really appealed to me.  And that other one was from Houston, so she was OK.  But the jury is definitely still out on this new show.  The acting rates right down there with the old one.  Not very good.  And Bosley is a young guy instead of a chubby middle-aged dude.  Guess that's to draw in the new heartthrob market.  The story lines seem to be done better, though.  At least they are somewhat believable.
 
I went to the CBS website and found the episodes of Hawaii 5-0 that we missed early in the season.  I think there were two or three.  Just enough that when we saw it the other day there were some things going on that really threw us in following the plot.  It's not like the soap operas my Dad used to watch.  We could come down from Denver for a Thanksgiving visit and watch an episode with him.   Then the next year on Thanksgiving when we visited again, about a day and a half had passed in the plot line.  We picked right up and knew exactly what was going on.  Now how they filled in those few hours over the course of the year was truly beyond me.  I have never been able to get hooked on soap operas like that.  I do recognize, though, that a lot of the prime time shows we watch are going to more of a cliff hanger ending each episode rather than one at the end of the season.  Makes it more difficult to follow unless you see every single show.  But I guess that's the point.  Hawaii 5-0 is one that does it.  CSI is trying, but that show is just not the same without Gil.  I kind of like the character Ted Dansen plays now, though.  He's quirky.  I like quirky.  Makes me feel better about myself. 
 
Proverbs 28:23 says, "He who rebukes a man will in the end gain more favor
than he who has a flattering tongue."
 
Father, thank you for making me quirky.  Helps me understand all the other "quirkies" you made better.  Amen.

No comments: