Saturday, October 15, 2011

October 15 – “Grossness in the morning”

 
 
Don't you hate cleaning up after vomiting and diarrhea?  I know.  Gross topic to start the day with.  Even grosser to have to clean up at the start of the day.  It's even worse when it's all over the floor and has been there for who knows how long.  Guess whose turn it was for doggie cleanup duty this morning?  Wouldn't be the guy who is complaining now, would it? 
 
I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I had the nostrils of a trained and experienced nurse.  They can smell anything and still have that look on their face.  Somewhere between a half-smile and fierce determination.  It's like they are saying, "No problem, Sweetie.  I'll take care of this … but if you ever do it again I'll make your stay here at the Hospital Hilton more than unforgettable."  Well, that's not me.  I can barely hold my own stomach contents in when I get the first whiff, much less having to wipe it up and dispose of the contents, which, by the way, took more than half of a roll of toilet paper and some double-bagged WalMart bags.  That being bad enough, then you have to tiptoe through the remnants to get to the place where the mop is stored.  Well, the mop handle.  The actual mop has been through the washing machine, so it is hanging in yet another spot on the other side of the poo-blotched floor.  The mopping itself results in a sense of accomplishment, though, as the remnants of the disgusting, smelly mess disappear into the grasp of Mr. Clean.  Of course then you have to wring out the mop and empty the water before you can finally get to the wash your hands thoroughly stage. 
 
Wow.  Such an awful tale certainly deserves a fun ending.  Here's a great joke I heard the other night after life group:
Why does a shark swim in salt water?
Because if it swam in pepper water it would sneeze all the time.
 
Excellent.
 
Proverbs 28:26 says, "He who trusts in himself is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom is kept safe."
 
Father, I know you are the ultimate in wisdom.  Help me stay in you.  Amen.

No comments: