Friday, September 9, 2011

September 9 – “More technology confusion”

 
 
I had another pretty good fishing experience yesterday.  I went out for a few hours early in the morning.  The sunrise was spectacular, as usual.  Way to go, God.  It was by far the best part of the trip.  The waves were light at first, but by the time I headed home, they were crashing pretty strong.  And the rip tide kicked up as well, so it was getting hard to even stand up.  But I did catch some fish.  The first cast I caught a little croaker.  I was afraid that might be the only thing I caught, so I kept him.  If nothing else they make good bait for reds.  Speaking of reds, I caught one keeper red that was nice.  I threw back two or three rat reds, so they do appear to be running.  There were two keeper specks in the bunch.  Always fun to fight with.  Four or five whiting will make good frying fillets.  And rounding out the bunch was a good sized black drum.  They taste the same as red fish, since they are the same family.  We are well on our way to the next fish fry.
 
We picked up Cailyn from preschool again.  They still haven't asked us who we are or asked for identification.  I guess they assume we are OK since Cailyn grabs us and holds on for dear life when we arrive.   That's my girl.
 
I had to frantically work on the TV last night before the folks in our Life Group got here.  Mom tried to turn off the TV when we went to pick up Cailyn and pushed just about every button there was on the cable remote.  Then later on Cailyn was pushing buttons on the sound bar remote.  When we turned on the TV to set up the powerpoint for the words to songs, we had no sound.  So I had to try to reverse the process of button pushing.  Not a fun experience when you have what the first process was.  I finally got the sound to come on through the TV, so that narrowed the final problem down to the sound bar.  It took a long time, but it seems the sound bar has a source button for some reason.  It cycles through three sources, but each has to establish before the next one will take effect.  Man.  One of these days I may have to read the direction or something.
 
Speaking of directions, now I have to figure out how to configure the new laptop to operate in presentation mode.  I could do it in Windows XP, but I have yet to find that same screen in Windows 7.  Any ideas?
 
Proverbs 25:21-22 says, "If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.  In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the Lord will reward you."
 
Father, please send rain and relief and success to the firefighters struggling against the wildfires.  Amen.

No comments: