Wednesday, September 21, 2011

September 21 – “Eyepapple”

 
 
Early morning this morning.  Even for me.  One of the little guys at Seaside is having his tonsils and adenoids and whatever else they usually go after taken out in a surgery.  He is supposed to be the first one on tap, so I'm assuming it will be around seven or shortly after.  I also assume it'll be in the outpatient surgery area of the hospital.  I'll have to get on his Mom for not giving me a call with the specific time and place.  Of course they may not have told her even yet, and it's 5:20 in the morning.  I appreciated her telling me Sunday that it was happening, though.  Some folks don't ever think about letting me know so I can get up there and have a prayer with them before it begins.  I'll just head up there in a few minutes and see what I can find.
 
Oh, before I go, we isolated another of Cailyn's great ways of communicating difficult words.  She went to the refrigerator yesterday and said she wanted some "eyepapple."  It took Chris a minute or two to get that she meant pineapple.  Now I know I'll probably never look at those things without thinking of that word.  Or more likely I'll remember that she had a word for it, if I could only recall what it was …
 
Proverbs 26:17 says, "Like one who seizes a dog by the ears is a passer-by who meddles in a quarrel not his own."
 
Father, be with little Matt during his surgery today.  And guide the hands of the surgery team.  Amen.

No comments: