Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September 6 – “First Day of School”

 
 
We did our big Labor Day holiday family thing Friday and Saturday when Josh and his family were here.  So yesterday we had nothing special to do.  I did some of my usual Monday morning work stuff.  But I could sense the boredom working its magic.
 
I finally went to WalMart and tried out the Red Box.  It was the first time we have used it.  And I was really excited when I saw that they had the Green Lantern movie.  We didn't get to see it in the theaters, and I was always a DC comics guy.  I got it home and fired it up.  And it was a cartoon.  A feature length cartoon – the worst kind.  I tried to watch it for a while, but I just couldn't do it. I could feel the sleep overtaking me.  At least it was only a dollar.  Maybe I should have tried Netflix first.
 
I finally went fishing just because I was bored.  I didn't expect to catch anything.  The wind was blowing out of the northeast.  The tide was way low.  On the positive side, it was quite cool.  My expectations were met.  I did catch a few croakers to use for bait on a later trip, but there was just no big action, even though there were lots of bait fish working.  Then some kids came over near me.  They were throwing a cast net just for fun.  They gave me the four or five little mullet they caught, so I used them.  I caught one small gaftop catfish and a Spanish mackerel.  Kept the mackeral.
 
Right now I'm heading up to Seaside Christian Academy.  Today is the first day of school.  I want to pray with the staff and see the kids. 
 
Ever read this proverb?  It's a hoot.
 
Proverbs 25:16 says, "If you find honey, eat just enough — too much of it, and you will vomit."
 
Father, be with the kids at school this year.  Touch the staff to be mirrors of your love.  Amen.

No comments: