Friday, September 23, 2011

September 23 – “Dr. Pepper float”

 
 
I just had to throw away two perfectly good coupons.  Actually they weren't perfectly good anymore, because I waited too long to use them.  They expired three and four days ago.  I picked them up last month at International House of Pancakes when for some insane reason I went there two days in a row.  That hasn't happened in, well, ever, as evidenced in the fact that I never made it back.  It was one of those deals where you had to go online and complete a survey about the visit.  Then they give you a code number to write on the check and it becomes good for a free short stack of pancakes.  That's what made them so appealing to me.  I always order a short stack of pancakes at IHOP.  I used to be able to handle one of their omelets (which, by the way, comes with pancakes), but I just can't hold all that anymore.  Oh well, I still have the coupon I got at McAlister's Deli for doing their survey.  It's good for three dollars off whatever we order.  And I have until October third to use it.  Plenty of time. 
 
We are heading to Stephenville, Texas, this morning for the funeral of a good friend's mother.  Actually, the funeral is going to be in Lingleville, a few miles outside of Stephenville.  I don't remember ever going through Stephenville, and I sure don't remember a metropolis like Lingleville.  I asked around about what there might be to do in the area.  A Facebook friend said the downtown part of Stephenville has been fixed up and a lot of shops and things are there.  Just what we need.  Let's go to the Stephenville Strand.  Honestly, Chris will probably love it.  I saw online that there is even an antique mall there.  I know she'll like that.  My sights are on something else, though.  I found out that the little town of Dublin is also nearby.  And Dublin is the home of … Dr. Pepper.  They have a Dr. Pepper museum.  But I also heard that Dr. Pepper is suing them for using the name Dublin Dr. Pepper or something.  Hope they are still open when we get there.  A Dr. Pepper float sounds really good.
 
Proverbs 26:20 says, "Without wood a fire goes out; without gossip a quarrel dies down."
 
Fatehr, ride with us to wherever this place is we are going today.  Amen.

No comments: