Thursday, September 29, 2011

September 29 – “On curtain rods”

 
 
We stopped by Loew's (or is it Lowe's?  I can never remember) on our way home from Houston the other day.  Chris wanted to see if they had some black hooks to put on the wall in our hall bathroom.  She said our visitors don't really have a place to hang their wet towels after taking a shower. 
 
My first thought was the shower curtain rod.  That's where I usually hang mine when we are visiting somewhere.  But then I remembered.  When the weight gets heavy enough on our curtain rod, it comes crashing to the ground.  It's one of those that has the rubber tips on the end, and you twist it to make it longer or shorter.  After a certain amount of time it just won't stay up any longer, and you have to start over again. 
 
Now that's a real pain because of the kind of curtain holder things we have.  I mean the hooks that go through the holes in the top of the curtain.  The ones we have are literally shaped like hooks, open on the end.  It's easy to just drop them over the bar and be done with it, but the bad part comes when you have to be careful every time you open or close the curtain.  The slightest wrong move and the hook pops up and back over the bar.  Then you have to reconnect it.  And when you try to reconnect one hook in the center you invariably cause one of the others to come off.  I think I prefer the cheap plastic kind that fit over the bar and then snap into place on the other side.  At least then when the bar falls all you have to do is retwist the bar. 
 
Tell me again why we decided to go with the twisty bar when we rebuilt after Hurricane Ike, and not have them build in a place for it like they did in the closets.
 
Proverbs 27:8 says, "Like a bird that strays from its nest is a man who strays from his home."
 
Father, thank you for my home.  I've seen the bird thing first hand when our dogs get hold of one.  Amen.

No comments: