Monday, November 9, 2009

November 9 – “Trivia Ticket”

 

This is my last week as interim headmaster of Seaside Christian Academy.  I'm showing the new guy the final "ropes" this week.  Today I substituted for the English teacher.  In fact, I'll be doing that again tomorrow and the next day as well.  Her son is graduating from Officer Candidate School in St. Louis. 

 

The new guy had a great idea today.  I have been reading a piece of trivia every day at the opening assembly.  "Did you know …?"  He and the social studies teacher are going to put together a plan to change the trivia fact into a question.  If anyone can answer it, they will win a "Trivia Ticket."  The ticket will be good for exchange at the end of the week.  Exchange for what?  The answer to one question on a quiz or homework.  And somebody already won one today.  He has big plans to win them all, save them up, and totally skip a quiz.

 

I showed the first part of Jesus Christ Superstar to the high school students today.  They have to compare it to the story of Jesus in Godspell and The Passion of the Christ after we see all of them.  Their consensus so far is something along the lines of, "This movie is weird."  They are not very impressed with the whole opera idea, either.  I'm just happy to be able to expand their cultural horizons.

 

Chris finished up the shelf she has been building.  It fits perfectly over the TV, and it makes the whole thing look kind of like an entertainment center.  I don't know what she plans to put on the shelf, though.  I asked.  She said, "We have several boxes of stuff in the garage to choose from."  We moved the little shelf that we had over by the fireplace.  She wants to put some pictures over there now.  We just have to decide if they will be of our kids and grandkids or of our grandparents.

 

I got a phone call from the wedding coordinator at the San Luis Hotel.  She said she had a couple who needed an "emergency" pastor for their wedding on Saturday.  The guy they had lined up can't be there.  That'll give me something else to do this weekend.  It's great being a pastor again.

 

Psalms 4:6-8 says, "6 Many are asking, "Who can show us any good?"  Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord.  7 You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound.  8 I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."

 

Father, please invade Seaside Christian Academy for the new headmaster.  Meet all the needs before he learns what to ask for.  Amen.


No comments: