Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November 18 – “Goobooger Fett”

 

Kel and Nathan helped me pick up our new refrigerator from Sears.  The trip back was interesting when we hit a high crosswind just before the causeway.  Nathan was telling a fire story and he completely lost his place.  I just slowed down some, and we made it fine.  We plugged it in next to the freezer.  That's about all there was to it, really.  No ice maker to hook up.  Just ripped off all the tape and Styrofoam.  Chris was excited.  She already has it full of eight turkeys destined to be fried next week.

 

Jachin and Micah have been over since 3:30 or so.  Kel had some kind of implants put in his mouth to help him deal with his sleep apnea.  Believe me, his brothers have had a field day teasing him with this one.  And it's going to get better when they find out he passed out at the doc's office.  He never told me where his doctor's office was.  Hmm.  Implants.  Near the brain.  Aliens? 

 

Reminds me of the games we played this afternoon.  At one time or another I have been a clone, Luke Skywalker, and an Ewok.  Do you sense a pattern here?  I tried to hold out for Goobooger Fett, Bobba Fett's grandfather, but they didn't approve.   So I pulled out my secret weapon.  Robotic ear feedback.  My bionic ears brought them around.  When I point my finger with one hand, and bring the other one close to an ear, I can make a sound eerily similar to a ray gun.  Who can argue with Goobooger when he can do that?

 

Our new headmaster called this afternoon.  He decided he can't be headmaster, teach math classes, supervise lunch and come up with something for the high schoolers to do for the last two periods (the ones where the volunteer teachers couldn't keep teaching because of their work schedules.).  I have to talk with the school board president now to see what they want to do.  In the meantime, I guess I'll be the one to supervise lunch, come up with something for the high schoolers to do for the last two periods, and play part-time headmaster while I'm at it.  Just thinking about it makes my elbow ache.  Well, I already have a steroid prescription.  Maybe it'll help out.

 

Psalms 84:5 says, "Blessed are those whose strength is in you"

 

Father, I know my strength isn't in me because I sure don't feel strong right now.  And I really don't want to trust in steroids.  Help me to trust in you.  Just you.  Amen.


No comments: