Sunday, November 15, 2009

November 15 – “Sappy love story movie”

 

There was a pretty small crowd at church this morning.  Everyone had been there before, so there was quite a homey feeling.  It was nice to know everybody, and I love them all.  But I also want chances to talk to people who are not used to going to church all the time.  Galveston has plenty of those. 

 

Once again I was amazed this morning.  Someone else announced in church the existence of this blog.  I had to remember the address on the spot, and I actually did it.  I have to look the silly thing up every night when I post it on Facebook. 

 

Our guys are making great progress on the Seaside Christian Academy building.  Volunteers have begun hanging wires for the dropped ceiling.  We still really need a licensed plumber to pull permits and allow our volunteers to work under his license. 

 

Chris went to Bay City again this afternoon.  Her Mom has another chemo treatment in the morning.  I really miss Chris when she's gone, especially when there is a sappy love story movie on TV.  It's called Definitely, Maybe.  I think I have seen it before a long time ago, but it is even sappier than I remembered.  Chris is supposed to be back tomorrow evening.  I have a rheumatologist appointment Tuesday morning, so she plans to be back for that. 

 

This evening I took Mom over to Moody Gardens Hotel for some kind of banquet.  Her good friend Betty met her there.  Betty has been great with Mom.  She invites her to all kinds of events around town.  Mom can't even keep up with where she's scheduled to go next, and it is helping her immensely to stay active.  Friends are priceless. 

 

Proverbs 18:24 says, "A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."

 

Father, thank you for giving my Mom one of those kinds of friends.  Bless Betty.  Amen.


No comments: