Wednesday, November 11, 2009

November 11 – “Costa Rica”

 

I forgot to send my little a brother a birthday card the other day, so I decided I would get on his Facebook page and send greetings.  Don't I sound all "techie-like"?  Anyway, I tried numerous times to get to his page and I still haven't made it.  So finally I decided to downgrade to the old-fashioned style – email.  And this morning I saw his answer.  He is in Costa Rica tromping around in the bushes.  He said, "It was a good day." 

 

I eavesdropped on two of our teachers yesterday and today.  They are amazing.  One of them said, referring to our elementary school teacher, "She's the most important here."  He said it in frustration with the high school kids, but he sure is right.  She is a great teacher for those guys.

 

Here are some tidbits of wisdom I heard:

"You will be doing fractions forever.  You might as well start liking them."

"After college it probably won't be as important, but from now until then, you just have to remember the formulas in math."

 

Remember those days?  Don't you wish you were back in high school?

 

Speaking of last days, since I have a doctor's appointment in Houston tomorrow, and since our awesome administrative assistant will be on duty to help our new headmaster on Friday, today was essentially my last day as interim headmaster.  I still have some meetings to attend with a few parents, and some questions to answer as they arise.  It's not like I will never be around ever.  But a few of the girls let me know today that they were going to miss having me around every day.  One of them even brought me a few Nestles Crunch bars and a few Three Musketeers bars.  My top two favorites of all time. 

 

I surprised Chris this afternoon.  She was at WalMart when I got home, so I drove over there and called her from inside the store.  She told me she was at WalMart, but I couldn't find her, and I couldn't get her to tell me more exactly where in the store she was so I could sneak up on her.  She finally asked me about where I was, expecting me to say, "On the seawall."  I said, "Just passing the $5.00 videos."  We met up and finished shopping together.  Our best times of talking together have always been while we were shopping.

 

Psalms 84:12 says, "O Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you."

 

Father, I trust you.  Help me understand, "blessed."  Amen.


No comments: