Friday, November 6, 2009

November 6 – “Already sore”

 

We headed out early this morning for Mansfield, Texas.  Our grandson Caleb's baby dedication is Sunday, and we couldn't miss it.  The trip went smoothly, except the air conditioner went out.  Every so often Chris would roll the window down on my side of the car and scare me to death.  Or at least scare me awake.  The motor that operates the window on her side is burned out. 

 

I finally got started on Dan Brown's newest book, The Lost Symbol.  Typical Dan Brown so far.  Very engaging story.  Lots of action.  Rather poor use of facts.  But then who cares about facts when you have a good story to tell, right?

 

It was great to see our North Texas grandsons.  We played what Zakary called "Little Brother Wrestling."  A gentle form of horsing around with a three year old and a ten month old.  Great fun.  I'm already sore.

 

Caleb decided that he would take to me about like Cailyn takes to Chris.  He gladly lets me hold him, but will only go to her if she is standing between me and his Dad, and only if she immediately transfers him on.  My turn.

 

We went to a local Mexican food place for supper.  As we were finishing up a guy came out with a guitar and started serenading us.  Caleb was fascinated.  In fact he kept reaching out and literally shoving his mom out of his way so he could see the singer.  Tomorrow promises to be even more fun.

 

Matthew 18:2-4 says, "He called a little child and had him stand among them. 3 And he said: 'I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.'"

 

Father, thanks for this break from Galveston stresses.  I needed it.  Amen.


No comments: