Friday, November 13, 2009

November 13 – “Tilapias PooMoney”

 

Today was my first Friday "day off" since I started as interim headmaster – no, since we moved back to our house – no, since the flood.  I woke up at 5:30, so I got some stuff together and went fishing.  It wasn't like wade fishing.  I went over to my uncle's canal house and caught a few catfish.  Not a very successful day.  But it sure was peaceful.  I had three lines in the water catching nothing.  I actually fell asleep on the deck for awhile before my uncle came out to say hello.  It's been a long time.

 

Chris and I decided to do some yard work today.  And with Chris, that sometimes means some real yard work.  We decided to cut down the dead sycamore tree in our side flower bed.  Someone is giving away trees to Galveston residents next Saturday.  Chris wants to be first in line, and she has her eyes set on that Sycamore tree being replaced with something.  It'll give us some shade from the evening sun.  But to make room for the new and still alive, we had to get rid of the dead.  The chain saw made quick work of the top part, and we stacked the branches near the street.  But getting the stump out proved quite difficult.  We had to dig out roots and break them up in places.  Chris even let me use an ax.  Finally we got to the point where we needed to rock it back and forth to get it out.  On one of the "forths" the tree slipped out of my hands and smacked me right on top of the head.  It didn't knock me out or anything, but I sure had a headache.  And I have a knot up there.

 

That wasn't the hardest thing that happened, though.  The new medicine that I have been taking has a side effect.  It causes heartburn.  For some reason, the more we worked on the tree, the worse the heartburn got.  Chris finally made me quit and sit down.  I got to the Zantac as soon as I could.  I know what one of my first questions will be when I go back to the rheumatologist Tuesday.  Can I switch medicines?

 

Speaking of that … his office called today and said they had my blood test results, but they wouldn't tell us what they were or what they meant.  All they would say is, "The doctor will explain them to you at your appointment."  Then they said I had to take some kind of mega-dose of vitamin D for six weeks. 

 

And here's a fun one to end with … we asked Micah and Jachin what their new baby's name was going to be.  Are you ready for this one?  Tilapias PooMoney

 

Psalms 112:1-2 says, "Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who finds great delight in his commands.  2 His children will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed."

 

Father, thank you now for little Tilapia PooMoney.  Amen.


No comments: