Thursday, November 26, 2009

November 26 – “Eat Turkey Day”

 

Well, Sam, that big ol' turkey you gave us was perfect for our Thanksgiving gathering today.  Chris' Mom and Dad came.  Josh and Christi were here with Zak and Caleb.  Kel and Christina and Jachin and Micah came over.  April and Cailyn came.  Three of Chris' brothers came with their families, and Chris' niece from Virginia was here, too.  Nathan and a friend of his even came by in the fire department rescue truck to say hi to everybody and give the kids a thrill.  Counting me and Chris and Mom, it was twenty-four people. 

 

The food was great as usual.  Along with the fried turkey, we had ham and corn and green beans and mashed potatoes and dressing and sweet potatoes and fruit salad and several things I had no idea what they were.  Desserts included apple, pecan, pumpkin, and peach pies and a birthday cake for Chris' Mom, one of her niece's, and Jachin.  There was a toss-up for my personal favorite between Chris apple-cinnamon pie and Christina's chocolate chocolate pie. 

 

The fire department guys borrowed our turkey fry pot.  Seems there was a guy down at the station who was going to fry a 25 pounder in a smaller pot than the one Nathan and I used yesterday.  They were worried that maybe some grease would spill over the top and hit the flame.  It could cause a fire.  Wouldn't want that at the main fire station in town.  So glad Nathan and I could help.

 

Well, the Cowboys are winning, and the Aggies play the Longhorns in a little while.  In the meantime we are watching I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus. 

What a way to end the day.

 

Isaiah 44:3-5 says, "For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants.  4 They will spring up like grass in a meadow, like poplar trees by flowing streams.  5 One will say, 'I belong to the Lord'; another will call himself by the name of Jacob; still another will write on his hand, 'The Lord's,' and will take the name Israel."

 

Father, I'd like that kind of blessing for my offspring.  Please make it be so.  Amen.


No comments: