Tuesday, November 3, 2009

November 3 – “I’m not dead yet!”

 

Day one of my new medication is well underway.  I think it is helping better than he last one did as far as the joint pain is concerned.  And I was careful to take it with food, so as far as I can tell, my esophagus is still intact.  I have seen one big difference though.  That strange, out of body, slow motion feeling hit me several times today.  I couldn't think of the right word, or my mind would check out and I would zone out with no idea what to do next.  It didn't usually last very long, so I figure maybe I'll "outgrow" it.  And most importantly, to quote a line from a classic old movie, "I'm not dead yet!"

 

I showed the high school kids the first part of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.  They were bored stiff.  Some of them literally.  They were snoring.  Our time ended before it even got to the part where they discover the Holy Grail.  Maybe we'll finish it out tomorrow.  Beyond that I have no idea what to do.  Not if they don't want to see movies.  Oh, and the math teacher told me he has to be out Friday to take a physical for his new job.  I'll be on my way to Caleb's baby dedication.  I'm glad Cindy will be there. 

 

Two new students started today.  They are in sixth and seventh grade.  I also found out that one of our other high school students will be moving to Conroe.  Friday is his lat day.  The new headmaster starts next week.  Looks like he has lots to do right off the bat.  He came by again today.  I think he tried to do some more calling to look for a math teacher. 

 

Chris is in Bay City again.  She left this morning and is planning to come home tonight.  But she took extra clothes with her just in case.  It's really coming down to the wire with her mom.  She hasn't answered my after-school text yet.  If she's not going to be here for supper, I guess I'll have to come up with some alternative to Luby's where Mom and I can go out to eat. 

 

Now I get to decide what to do next - again.  Watch a movie?  Definitely intriguing.  Work on the house?  Takes energy.  Doesn't look good right now.  Go to the Post Office?  He'll come by in the morning some time.  I can just put the letters out then.  Sit here and stare at the keyboard?  Nah.  I could at least check out Facebook.  Think I'll start there.

 

Romans 5:8 says, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

 

Father, thank you for being patient with my ramblings and rumblings.  Amen.


No comments: