Sunday, November 8, 2009

November 8 – “Neo the Alien?”

At the baby dedication this morning, the pastor had some serious competition.  Every so often Caleb decided it was time for him to put in his two cents worth.  Not crying, mind you.  He just let loose with an unintelligible word or three, then settled back down.  Of course his grandparents were more than happy to hear from Caleb over the pastor.  That's our boy. 

 

One part of the service was a little girl who sang a song by herself.  She was amazing.  At the very end they had a special thing to salute veterans.  The choir sang each of the service songs – Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force, Marines.  During each song, those who had served in that branch were asked to stand.  Then one of the vets led in prayer.  It was quite emotional for a lot of folks.  I sure felt proud when I realized they were singing the Coast Guard song.  My Dad was in the Coast Guard.

 

After lunch at a barbeque place that had great ribs and played Christian music and gave us a ten percent discount because we had a church bulletin with us, we hit the road for Galveston.  I had our portable DVD player with us, so I watched two movies on the way home.  The first one was called The Secret Life of Bees.  I guess it would be considered a chick flick.  I wasn't very impressed.  The second one was a remake of the old The Day the Earth Stood Still.  The star was Keanu Reeves, so it was like watching Neo the Alien destroy, then save the earth.  Action packed, but the disc was damaged, so I don't know how much I actually missed.

 

I came up with another Visual Verses while we were gone.  Jeremiah 33:3 says, "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

 

Father, it's good to be home.  I just wish it felt more like home.  Amen.


No comments: