Friday, October 25, 2019

October 25 – “Praying for Officer Kristin”


One more indoor day for me.  Chris went walking again, but I stayed inside for further nursing on this cold.  I actually felt much better than days past.  Oh, and thank you to everyone who shared the myriad of remedies with me.  There were days when I would have tried all of them at once.  I know.  That would be counter-productive at best.  But I’m feeling much better today.

All of Jamaica Beach was a-flurry with worry when we heard about the high-speed chase and wreck involving a Jamaica Beach police officer.  She was set up in her vehicle as part of a roadblock when the 100 mile per hour speeding truck rammed into her patrol car.  She suffered numerous injuries.  Seasider and volunteer fire fighter Lauren responded to the call, so prayer lines were set in motion pretty quickly.  As of this morning it looks like Officer Kristin will recover, but she has a long road ahead of her.  Several community fund raisers are already in the works to help with medical costs.  Please keep her and her family in your prayers going forward.

Last night was an interesting one.  We started receiving calls from the different folks who come to home group.  For one reason or another, everyone was going to be staying away this week.  I think it was probably because they didn’t want to be around Mr. Sicko over here.  Mrs. Betty did make it, though.  We enjoyed chatting with her for a while until her grandson came to pick her up.  Guess we’ll pick up in Deuteronomy in two weeks, since next Thursday is the big Halloween party here.

Proverbs 29:4 says, “By justice a king gives a country stability, but those who are greedy for bribes tear it down.”

Father, thanks for bringing me through this nagging cold so far.  It was nice to sleep in my own bed and be able to breathe while lying down.  Amen.


No comments: