Wednesday, October 16, 2019

October 16 – “Stuff. Stuffed. Stuffing”


We were back in the groove again.  Another three mile walk to start the day.  It was a sticky, hot day, muggy all around.  And all that mugginess was apparently a prelude to the cool front that is coming through as I type.  Well, at least it is raining and the temperature has plummeted to 76 degrees.  That’s much cooler than it has been. 

After a quick shower I made a trip up to fire station one.  I haven’t been in a while, so I wanted to check in with the new chief and see how things were going with him.  It was good as well to see the fire fighters on duty.  They were hanging out in the bay, waiting to begin some training they had scheduled.  At least one of them was also hoping the training would be completed by three in the afternoon.  And why was that?  Because the Astros playoff game was scheduled to start at 3:08. 

Back home, after lunch, we made a trip over to WalMart to get the last stuff Chris needed for her stuffed animal project.  Stuffing.  Hmm.  Stuff.  Stuffed.  Stuffing.  I’m pretty good with verbs this morning. 

I got an unusual text from my barber around one.  I had an appointment for a haircut at 2, so I was worried it was about to be canceled.  Not this barber.  She texted to come on in right away and she would get me taken care of.  Apparently she didn’t want me to have to rush home for the start of the game.  Now she could take her time.  How’s that for customer consideration?  But, hey, when your barber is a biker you never know what to expect …

I made it home in plenty of time for the first pitch.  Altuve started this one out right with a home run on the first pitch he saw.  Cole was a little off on his pitching, but he battled through.  Final score, 4-1 good guys.  Two games to one lead for the Astros.  Now they are guaranteed the chance to play at least one more game at home.  Unless of course they go ahead and sweep the Yankees in New York.  That would be just fine.  I understand the weather is supposed to be really bad today up there.  The game may even be postponed a day.  Not sure who that will help more …

1 Timothy 2:5-6 says, “For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people.  This has now been witnessed to at the proper time.”

Father, please continue your watch over the fire fighters of our fair city and our new fire chief.  They always need you.  Amen.

No comments: