Tuesday, March 7, 2023

March 7 - “Evil Bougainvillea”

Well, that was an interesting night. I woke up at 3. That would be 3 A.M.  And then I couldn’t get back to sleep no matter what I tried. I finally just got out of bed a little before 4 so I wouldn’t keep Chris awake.

 

A few hours later, once she did wake up, we went for a walk. One mile for me, three for her. When I got back, though, I did my list of exercises. Meanwhile, Chris started working on clearing out a flower bed. Not to be outdone, I mowed and edged the grass. Oh, and it was hot. And I got scratched by the Evil Bougainvillea. And I even touched some of our vast crop of stinging grass. Yeeeouch!  Didn’t help to come inside to where a certain two ladies live who are always cold. Soooo … it was hot inside, too.

 

A shower and some time working on the new jigsaw puzzle helped me cool down, though.  We thought about going to Cailyn’s track meet, but honestly?  I was beat. And my back was killing me. And Chris didn’t look so good either. Just a pleasant evening at home. Yep.

 

1 Corinthians 12:25-27 says, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it. 27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.”

 

Father, thank you for Spring. It’s a lot of work, but it will be worth it. Amen.

No comments: