Thursday, March 2, 2023

March 2 - “Something to ponder”

I made it a whole mile! That’s kind of a new milestone (get it?) for me and my back. My hip did punctuate the excursion with some comments of its own about its required participation in said venture, but we all (hip, back, and me) came through it in under twenty minutes. Well, except Chris. She kept going for her three miles. And we both did our exercises when we got back, too. Yay us!

 

Last night we went over to Hitchcock to watch Cailyn run in a track meet. She was scheduled for the 800 run and the 300 hurdles. She also subbed for a girl who was injured, and ran the opening leg of the 400 meter relay. She didn’t place in any of the events, but she finished the races well. Certainly made us proud. When we left right after her last run, her team was solidly in second place. Way to go, Santa Fe.

 

Today we head back into Texas for Chris’ stress test. Our prayers lately have been along the lines of, “please protect our ability to go to Hawaii.”  That’s kind of a looming question in the back of our minds, especially facing this week. My back appointment yesterday and her stress test today and biopsy tomorrow. Whew. Gives you something to ponder, doesn’t it?

 

Psalms 91:1-2 says, Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the Lord, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.’”

 

Father, please heal the young lady’s foot that was injured before the meet. And be with Chris at her stress test today. Amen.

No comments: