Sunday, March 12, 2023

March 12 - “A stabbing incident”

After just a few days chock full of activities ranging from an Easter egg hunt to a fishing trip to Josh turning in another draft of his big dissertation project, we said goodbye to our Waco Vaughan family. Sad to see them go.

 

What followed involved a certain amount of “couples outdoor gardening therapy.”  Those are Chris’ words. She was rather determined to get at least one flower bed completely weeded. She got pretty close. Meanwhile, I was assigned the unenviable task of trimming the boogervilla bush. It was seriously damaged by the freeze a few weeks back. I may or may not have treated it as more an opportunity for revenge than a chance to do good with my wife. That thing can stab you if you are just standing still and quiet across the yard from it. This was my chance to retaliate for the last time we met. I thought I had done pretty well, too, at least up until lunch time. Sam asked me how I sliced up the back of my leg. Yep. The boogervilla nailed me. I was bleeding and didn’t even know it. Oh well. It is now about 6 inches tall. We’ll see how long it takes for it to grow back to stabbing height.

 

Colossians 3:2 says, Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.

 

Father, thank you for our great few days with some grandkids. We kind like those youngsters. Amen.

No comments: