Monday, March 27, 2023

March 27 - “As usual/unusual”

Sunday meant church as usual. Great crowd. Great friends. Challenging sermon. As usual.

 

Then it was lunch at Pit Stop Barbecue with Cathy, Lauren, Sam, and Bobby. Always a treat in more ways than one. As usual.

 

And the rest of the afternoon we spent watching basketball, working on a jigsaw puzzle, and putting together another quilt. You fill in the blanks as to who was doing what. Again … as usual.

 

So what was so unusual? Just the basketball games, I guess.  This will be the most unusual final four representation that I can remember ever. Sometimes there is one Cinderella team in there.  Maybe even two.  But this year?  2023 has officially said, “Hold my beer.”  San Diego State, a 5 seed.  Miami, a 5 seed.  Florida Atlantic, a 9 seed.  Connecticut, a 4 seed.  Unusual.  Hey.  Three cheers for the middle of the pack.

 

2 Corinthians 12:10 says, That is why, for Christs sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

 

Father, please be with these docs that will be giving me the shots in my back this afternoon.  Keep their hands steady.  Amen. 

No comments: