Sunday, June 6, 2021

June 6 – “Happy Anniversary to … Us!”

We made it one more year.  Forty-six.  It’s an odd one, of course.  Kind of a no-man’s land as anniversaries go.  No special recommendations for anniversary gifts after forty-five until you get to fifty.  Guess they figure we can’t remember (or count) anymore anyway.  And it’s on our kids to remember fifty and throw us a party.  But, hey.  It just means we get to be creative for five years.  Like … go on an anniversary trip to Florida and not even caring that we didn’t get a glimpse of DisneyWorld.  That was nice.  I suppose this is where I’m supposed to get all romantical and stuff.  I’ll just keep it simple.  I love you, Chris.  Have since I saw you the first time.  Still do after 16,790 plus days since.  How about we keep the streak alive?

 

Meanwhile, we went on our walk together yesterday.  In the rain.  We met another neighbor while out there, so we weren’t the only crazy romantic ones.  She told us that she is about to retire, so she decided she needs to get in shape so she can have some fun.  Yup.  Know the feeling.

 

I did our initial hurricane season tree trimming of branches within damage distance of our roof.  We still plan to cut down two trees and move another one to a different part of the yard.  I know.  Ambitious.

 

My cousin Jer stopped by for a visit.  He’s the one who took us to the Naval Air Museum while we were in Florida/Alabama.  Great to see him again.  While he was here, Christina and the kids came by after a library outing.  But the party didn’t stop there.  My big brother Jay and his wife Fran popped in as well.  They had been to a wedding on the Island.  They gave me a gift.  Jay said he thought of me the instant he saw it and had to get it.  Intriguing.  I didn’t open it right away, and it’s probably a good thing.  It may have mysteriously disappeared with the kiddos if I had.  I haven’t had a chance to play with it yet, but, oh … I will.  After all, today’s my anniversary, and what better way to celebrate?  Oh, I haven’t said what it is yet, have I?  It’s an automatic toilet paper spit wad launcher rifle.  Can’t wait.

 

2 Corinthians 9:8 says, “And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.”

 

Father, thank you for my wife first and foremost.  She’s the best gift you ever gave me after salvation.  Thanks for my family, too.  They’re pretty fun to have around.  Amen.

 

No comments: