Monday, June 14, 2021

June 14 – “On Retirement”

Well, I finally did it.  Yesterday I announced my plans for retirement to the church.  It’s still seven or eight months away, but we are beginning the process now so we can work through the transition.  Here is a copy of what I said:

 

Before we leave there is one more thing I need to share with you.  After much prayer and about 26 years of learning and growing and family and fun and wackiness and mostly love, I am going to be retiring on January 30, 2022.  I will be working with the team that got together last week to coordinate searching for a co-pastor to come on board – hopefully within a few months.  He will serve alongside Jim and I for six months. 

 

Please be praying for that team and for whoever God may call to step in next here at Seaside.  And if you have a few extra minutes, toss up a prayer for Chris and me as well. 

 

The team will be looking for a lot of feedback from you along the way, so offer it freely and openly and in the spirit of unity and love that has been the Seaside Way.  Can I say it a little early and again after we sing?  Love you, Family!

 

Psalms 91:1-2 says, “Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.’”

 

Father, please be with us through this transition process.  Show us the right one for the position of co-pastor.  Amen.

 

No comments: