Thursday, June 3, 2021

June 3 – “A Little Stinky”

I went in for my hearing aids checkup yesterday.  Everything is pretty much as it should be.  Well, except for the occasional glitch in antenna operation between right and left.  Sometimes they have to send out a signal looking for each other.  It sounds something like “Check pahtnah” (partner) inside my head.  They also sometimes feel that I need a random reminder as to which side is my right and which is my left.  They will say “Right” or “Left” for no apparent reason.  The audiologist is ordering me some new ones.  She will let me know when they get in so I can swap them out.  Unless I grow found of the eccentricities …

 

We went to WalMart for our first real grocery run since we got back.  And the store did well on all counts except one.  Grapes.  All they had were the ones with seeds inside.  Doesn’t really change their taste much, but I’m just too lazy to cut each one in half and dig out the seed.  And I’m not really careful enough to chew knowing that a seed or two will be lurking within.  Either that or we are just spoiled.  On a positive note, we didn’t have to wear masks.  No signs of any kind on the door.  Some folks wore one, others didn’t.  No one snapped.

 

In the afternoon we went to hang out with Cailyn.  Mom and Dad were at work, and they were having septic system issues.  Nasty issues.  They didn’t want her home alone with the septic guys.  As it turned out, they will probably need an entirely new system installed.  It is cleaned out for now, but a little stinky is in their future.

 

Meanwhile, Cailyn is becoming quite the little farmer’s daughter.  She took us on the extended tour of their property.  She taught Nana how to feed the baby goats their bottles.  She led the chickens around like the pied piper.  Well, except when she did a chicken dance to show her dominance over the spawn of Satan chicken that tried to eat my eyes out a while back.  The chicken backed down every time, so I guess Cailyn wins. 

 

Revelation 3:20 says, “Here I am!  I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.”

 

Father, thank you again for the miracles of modern of technology that live in my ears for fourteen or so hours every day.  They do help me appreciate your world.  Amen.

 

No comments: