Tuesday, June 15, 2021

June 15 – “Nailed them”

I forgot to mention how I greeted the boys in Waco the other day.  Josh asked them to come outside and help me unload the car.  Little did they know that I was waiting with my new toilet paper spitwad rifle.  Nailed them all.  And the best thing of all … when I took it inside, AnnaGrace became enamored with it.  She wanted me to shoot her other grandpa.  And her brothers.  And Mommy.  How could I refuse such a sweet little face?  And finally she mustered up her courage and asked to shoot it herself.  That’s my girl.

 

Yesterday my day began pretty early.  I had to meet the bug guy at church.  Not for roaches this time, though.  Nope.  This time we have been plagued with those teeny tiny little sugar ants.  Not a good problem to have, especially when we put donuts on the table every Sunday.  Then again, as the bug guy pointed out, at least the ants are showing up for church every week …

 

I stopped by the Wyrick Farm on my way home.  They are a family in the church with chickens and a sheep and a donkey and a horse and a brand new bee hive and … I don’t know what all else.  We have accumulated a batch of egg cartons at the church that people bring up for recycling, so I thought I would bring them somewhere they will be put to good use.  It was great talking to them. 

 

The rest of the day I spent wading into invitations for the Seaside anniversary.  Lots and lots of addresses to go through.  I did have to send two invitations through email.  One to the guy who was pastor of First Baptist Church Galveston (our mother church) when we constituted, and one to the guy who is our regional representative to the state Baptist group.  They have both already RSVP’d.  Guess we are officially on a roll.

 

Joshua 1:8 says, “Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written on it.  Then you will be prosperous and successful.”

 

Father, please be with us through all these anniversary preparations.  We do want to glorify you in it all.  Amen.

No comments: