Friday, June 18, 2021

June 18 – “Half price surprises”

We were back at it at water exercise yesterday.  You know, I’ve decided that I like this stuff a lot better than just walking.  For one thing, my arms and upper body get a workout as well as my legs.  It’s not always super-aerobic, and I’m usually pretty whooped the rest of the day and sore the next day, but I like it.  No pain, no gain, right?  I guess I’ll have to do my own routine at the pool next week at camp.

 

Speaking of camp, I finished the booklet for the camp Visual Verse.  Nice to have that one checked off.  I also did a little more stuff related to the anniversary.  Last night at home group we became a little committee to make some decisions about the invitations and a few other things.  We found a wildly appropriate souvenir give-away for what we have planned.  Not telling what it is … be surprised.  Chris also showed us a deal she got on another surprise for the day.  And she got a quote for half price, to boot. 

 

Meanwhile … we finished another jigsaw puzzle.  This was one of the ones we got on vacation.  It’s a map of the United States with key cultural items as well as historical facts interspersed throughout.  Made it really fun and interesting – I suppose educational, too.  And it went really fast.  It was what I did during my breaks from all this camp and anniversary prep. 

 

Speaking of which, guess I should get going on more of that. 

 

Galatians 5:14 says, “For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

 

Father, thank you for our home group and the encouragement they give and the ability to bounce ideas off of each other that we have.  That’s a real gift.  Amen.

No comments: