Thursday, June 17, 2021

June 17 – “Check, check, oops”

One more check to my week-before-camp list.  I completed pretty much all of the preparations for the three Bible studies I will be leading.  Of course there are always other things that are coming up in that arena.  I’ll just face them as they arrive, as usual.  I also completed the initial drawing for the camp memory verse - Visual Verse style.  I still have to complete the booklet that explains each drawing.  That’s on tap for this morning.

 

We forayed into the realm of the retail briefly.  Now that’s an arena we are certain to return to at some point before we leave town.  How do I know?  Because I have already remembered something that I just missed yesterday.  It was even on my list.  Gotta be more careful with those lists.  We made our way to Office Depot (Hey, Chris.  I got it right.  She generally has to correct me, because I usually stumble over that one and say Home Depot instead).  We needed toner for the printers at church.  We also checked out their specialty paper to see if there was anything appropriate for printing the anniversary invitations.  No luck with the paper, but we scored the last boxes of the toner we use.  Check.

 

Next we had to make a WalMart run, of course.  That was mainly for camp miscellaneous stuff and a few groceries.  That’s where I forgot an item.  We’ll head back there probably tomorrow.  WooHoo WalMart.  Gotta love it.

 

Headed now to our water exercise class.  I was really sore after the last one, but we have a different teacher today.  We’ll see …

 

Matthew 6:25 says, “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear.  Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?”

 

Father, please help us get all our preparations done so we can relax a little bit before camp.  Amen.

No comments: