Saturday, June 19, 2021

June 19 – “Way to go …”

I was up and at ‘em early yesterday.  I wanted to get a jump on printing the invitations for Seaside’s 25th Anniversary Bash.  In fact, all 250 were printed by 9 a.m.  Not bad.  I don’t think Office Depot could compete with that. 

 

Speaking of the Big Bash, I finally finalized the address list.  Well, at least I thought I did.  After I printed it up – twelve pages worth – two more new addresses came in.  And later in the evening yet another one showed up.  I’m excited that so many people want to be included in the event, at least to the point of wanting to be invited. 

 

We did make another trip over to WalMart.  Of course.  The plan was to pick up the last of the supplies we need for children’s camp.  Mainly a few thank-you cards for our overnight hosts in Waco and for the children’s minister who is graciously allowing us to tag along with them under their banner.  On the way I remembered we still needed something to mail the invitations in, so we had to add envelopes to the list.  I think we’re done with WalMart runs for the time being.  At least as far as camp is concerned.

 

Last night was really nice.  We watched the Astros game together, and Chris made it all the away to the walk-off double in the bottom of the ninth that gave the Astros the win.  Only dozed off once, but my cheering woke her up.  Oh, and Chris fixed a great supper.  Grilled cheese sandwiches and potato soup.  I know.  Doesn’t sound like much.  But hey … simple.  Filling.  And we haven’t had it in a long time.  It was good.  Way to go, Chris. 

 

Psalms 34:1 says, “I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips.”

 

Father, thank you for the occasional quiet night together for me and Chris.  Especially two days before we leave for camp.  Amen.

No comments: